Monday, February 25, 2013

RETURN OF THE WORKING BITCH

Work/Python
LADIES, ladies. I introduce to you maybe my favorite work look ever. Now, I know it probably doesn't scream at you or jump off the page at first glance. But that's okay. I like to think of myself as a subtly fashionable person and this ensemble is definitely in line with my philosophy. 

Despite previous posts about incorporating color into a modern girl's work wardrobe, neutrals are my jam. My favorite color? Black. My second favorite color? Gray. After that, nude/blush and white (I'm pale, so I try not to do tooooo much white). I won't continue any further, as I'm sure you get the picture here. 

This Equipment top (available at Nordstrom- my favorite place- and Piperlime) is insane. On top of being both neutral (the body of the shirt is a very light blush color), it has a trendy touch of python print and it's incredibly soft, light and comfortable. If you're anything like me and you sit in an office all day, you want this look for two reasons: comfort and hotness. Like, hello, if you can look super cute AND be comfortable, why would you wear anything else? 

In addition, I HIGHLY recommend learning how to rock the power bun. When you just don't feel like washing and drying that crazy mane of yours (or you just feel extra bitch-tastic), this is the solution you've been looking for. Yes, I know the sock bun thing has been around for a while, but you need to start taking it seriously. I haven't seen anyone look heinous in a power bun yet (unless they let it fall out all over the place), it's easy and it makes you look sexy without exposing any cleavage. Add some studded shoes-smoking loafers are also a great comfort choice- and you're borderline guaranteed to be "the cute girl" in the office. 



No comments:

Post a Comment