Monday, January 27, 2014

Make-up Monday: Brows

Buy @ Sephora
So I am the FIRST person to tell you that my expertise is not doing makeup. However, my lack of skill in this department has led me to look long and hard to find products that are basically idiot-proof and make my morning a little easier. 

Eyebrows are one of those things you really don't want to screw up. First of all, they're on your face. Second, there's that whole symmetry thing you have to worry about. I have blonde eyebrows, which is way more awkward than it sounds - natural blondes out there feel me on this - but I'm terrified of eyebrow pencils or powder to fill them in. I'm always like one swift move away from looking like a hooker. Through high school I just kind of let them be blonde out of laziness. When I moved to L.A. for school I had to find a new place to get my eyebrows done, which was a daunting task. My roommate/sorority sister (yes, I got a bid even with the blonde eyebrows) and I asked every girl in our dorm from Beverly Hills that had good eyebrows for recommendations. We ended up at Benefit on 3rd, where I was convinced to tint my brows a few shades darker. Genius. I HIGHLY recommend this if you have blonde eyebrows.

{photo: Benefit.com}
Fast forward to last month...I went in to get my eyebrows waxed and tinted on a weekday morning (because people at work believe that I have a "doctor's appointment" at 11am once a month and don't care that I come in late...). Normally, I get them done either on a weekend or on my way home from work so I don't have to worry about redness, etc., but this time I asked her to clean them up so I didn't get busted at work when I walked in with freshly waxed eyebrows.... She used Benefit's "Gimme Brow" fiber gel product to fill in and make my brows stay in place. I was immediately addicted. It's kind of like mascara for your brows: it makes them look much more full, defined and clean. I use the light/medium shade and it's perfect. It's also great for that "in-between" period when you don't quite need a brow wax yet, but the color starts to fade because you can kind of layer it to get a slightly darker tint! Thank you, Benefit, for saving me from the street-walker eyebrow look.

No comments:

Post a Comment