Sunday, May 20, 2012

THE WORKING BITCH & Animal Print


I've recently decided two things about the real world. First, I need a work wardrobe. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with 85% of my current closet contents a few months from now, when I won't be able to wear jeans and cotton tees to work on a daily basis. Only two days a week available for casualwear? How am I supposed to get any use out of my clothing? On one hand, this is tragedy for all of my super cute sheer tops, rompers and maxi dresses. On the other, it's an opportunity to SHOP.

This brings me to my second realization. Upon revelation #1, I was neither happy nor enthused about this type of shopping. I don't want to regress to my high school closet, which was 90% JCrew. However, thanks primarily to Pinterest, there is hope. I decided that I refuse to dress like a stuffy librarian just because I'm going into an accounting firm every day (yes, accounting). Luckily, there are options for those of us attempting to avoid boringness. Thank God.

Option one? Animal print. Please, one piece at a time people. Let's not get carried away trying to look like those bitches in magazines who wear a bunch of stuff that doesn't match and end up matching. It's not going to work for you.

Delman 'Suri' Flat

 
Snakeprint and Leopard print blouses, Zara
Shoes, Delman at Nordstrom
Dress, Charlie Jade

Congratulations, Nordstrom Bank. You are the direct beneficiary of my logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment